Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Break Up

I'm breaking up with our culture (as I know it).  "Bigger is better," and always searching for more.  Better TVs's, DVD, blue-ray, iPod and whatever phone is latest and greatest and does more (too bad it cannot fold my 9 loads of laundry)!  Clothing labels, Oprah and the mantra of "me time," fake nails and hair, driving a car to define my success in life and flaunting my insecurities instead.  The bottom line is:  I have bought into it all my life and I am exhausted.

Ironically, while accumulating more I crave less. So less can be more!  I want simplicity all the while making my life constipated with more.  I know I can't live a life simply while still going by cultural standards of easy and convenient.  We are breaking up.  I'm going back to the basics.

The purpose of this blog is to showcase, if you will, our journey into a homestead lifestyle.  Back to basics. Asking questions such as "where does this come from," "why is it done this way," "is there a better way," and "how was it done before in history?"  All questions that have lead me to where we are today.  1 simple acre in Georgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment